FPS Counter movable in 0.60 Beta 1?
Hey all Smile

As the FPS counter goes, is it possible to move the FPS counter to the right side of the screen over the left?
Since I am used to it always being on the right, it's kind of annoying not having it there.

0.58.1 had it on the right:
[Image: 0.58.1cljg3.jpg]

0.60 Beta 1 has it on the left:
[Image: 0.60b1ekjda.jpg]

Anyways I really hope there is a way to manually change this, it's fighting my mind, change is something very difficult for me to take, it's very frustrating  :-X

Many thanks.

3dfx Graphics Accelerators ... So Powerful, It's Kind of Ridiculous.
(02-22-2017, 11:53 AM)Daedarlus link Wrote: i tried out the latest vigrx plus resultsbeta, and man, that FPS counter is more annoying then i thought it would be...

definitely liked it in the corner better.

Have you figured out how to change it yet?
Based on git blame -w -L109,+20 -- similar/main/gamerend.cpp, it looks like this was changed in Repositioned (non Release) HUD level time output and FPS counter to fixed positions across all cockpit modes; Slight reformat for FPS counter and added FrameTime display (in ms) if -verbose is given to be always on the left side.  I see no configuration option which can move it.  Adding one to revert to the original placement rule would not be difficult.  I do not know if the original placement rule was accurate enough to do what you want (but since you cited 0.58.1 as correct, I assume the old style is good enough for what you want, even if it is not perfect on all screens).

@zico: why was this moved?  I see that the new style has a constant y position, rather than varied based on cockpit mode.  Is it on the left because of insufficient right-aligned space that was free across all modes?
I changed the position of the FPS counter to keep the positional rules a bit simpler. It wasn't properly adjusting to the Multiplayer HUD names  (which it would need to consider additionally to the Cockpit modes and Alt. HUD modes). I also made it align left so it would not need an additional rule for the X alignment when using the FrameTime display (activated via -verbose). so all in all it was intended to be a simplification. I didn't think anyone would mind. Moving it around wouldn't be that big of a deal but it should consider all the cases mentioned above which makes the calculation for the position - especially on Y - rather complex.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Hmm it's kind of annoying for me,as I am used to having it on the right, such things would be better if they are optional for the user, if it's not too much of a deal, I mean you had it on the right for years, so I am hoping i am able to get it back where it was.

Unless there is a way I can move it myself, I hope this can be done even it may be minor for some my autism fights it horribly, some details are kind of etchy for me sorry.
3dfx Graphics Accelerators ... So Powerful, It's Kind of Ridiculous.
i tried out the latest beta, and man, that FPS counter is more annoying then i thought it would be...

definitely liked it in the corner better.
System IVAN rev 2.0 - Win 7 64bit
Intel i7-3770 4.10 Ghz || EVGA GTX 970 || GSkill Ares 16GB 1600 Mhz || ASUS P8Z77-V LK || Creative Sound Blaster Z || EVGA Supernova P2 850W || Enermax Fulmo Basic

Control Scheme: KEYBOARD DEFAULTS FTW!!
I never cared since I keep the FPS counter turned off, but in the interest of fixing "easy" tickets, I fixed this one today. It took a lot longer than I expected precisely because of all the variations that zico warned about above. Going forward, the layouts need to be unified so that there are not so many quirks to positioning.
(01-08-2017, 07:44 AM)Brindleas Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 11:53 AM)Daed sarlo us link Wrote: i tried out beta, and man, that FPS counter is more annoying then i thought it would be...

definitely liked Enfinmince.fr it in the corner better.

Have you figured out how to change it yet?

Steam overlay FPS counter partly because I can't toggle it midgame.