A small favor.
Hi everyone.

Today I tried to play D2X-Rebirth on an old Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 and integrated Intel 965 graphics chip.
I noticed that at least on Windows 10, the 965 driver doesn't have proper OpenGL support, and thus Rebirth crashes before entering level (Note: I Won't change driver nor change Windows version, as the Laptop is working perfectly as it is, except for Rebirth).

Could some of the developers or programmers here, compile a recent version of D2X-Rebirth but using the Software renderer instead of the OpenGL one?

It will be very much appreciated.
Well, I tried but I'm getting the following error:

Code:
common\misc\hmp.cpp: In function 'int dcx::hmp_play(dcx::hmp_file*, int)':
common\misc\hmp.cpp:428:91: error: invalid static_cast from type 'void(HMIDISTRM, UINT, DWORD, DWORD_PTR, DWORD) {aka void(HMIDISTRM__*, unsigned int, long unsigned int, long unsigned int, long unsigned int)}' to type 'size_t {aka unsigned int}'
if ((midiStreamOpen(&hmp->hmidi, &hmp->devid,1, (DWORD) static_cast<size_t>(midi_callback), 0, CALLBACK_FUNCTION)) != MMSYSERR_NOERROR) {                                                                                                                                                                                                ^
sCcons: *** [common\misc\hmp.o] Error 1
  XX dxx . common\texmap\scanline.cpp
  scons: building terminated because of errors.

Kp, you have any idea what's up?
Oh my, there seems there are some problems when compiling.
I will wait to see if it can be done, thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.
(06-28-2016, 01:56 AM)Pumo link Wrote:Today I tried to play D2X-Rebirth on an old Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 and integrated Intel 965 graphics chip.
I noticed that at least on Windows 10, the 965 driver doesn't have proper OpenGL support, and thus Rebirth crashes before entering level (Note: I Won't change driver nor change Windows version, as the Laptop is working perfectly as it is, except for Rebirth).

As a small side note: the OpenGL version of rebirth actually runs even with Microsoft's builtin OpenGL 1.1 GDI software renderer. It should just work out of the box if no OpenGL driver is installed at all - at least it did some time ago. Now it is unclear what exactly is broken with your Intel driver. It is almost impossible to provide some OpenGL implementation which would not be sufficient for rebirth.  Wink However, this might even be some rebirth bug, and not necessarily have to be related to OpenGL. Which version(s) did you try this with?

If this really is GL-related, another workaround would be using https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heinm/tmp/OPENGL32.dll. This is a windows build of Mesa's swrast software rasterizer which I compiled a couple of years ago. It is a bit outdated (Mesa 7.8.1), but works flawlessly with rebirth (and more modern llvm-based versions of mesa are a pain in the ass to build on windows...). Just place that opengl32.dll into the same directory where your rebirth executables reside.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." -- Antoine de Saint Exupéry
Bitrot has set in.  The SDL build is more susceptible than the GL build.  I didn't expect a bug report in this forum, so I only just saw that you need help.

Fixed in c7953a3.  I can now build to completion for SDL-only Win32.  You can often get faster responses if you file a Github issue.
In the future, I'll file on Github rather than here Smile
Here you go! Smile

D1X-Rebirth NoGL

D2X-Rebirth NoGL
Thanks a lot A Future Pilot, it's very much appreciated!  ;D
You're very welcome! Smile