[D1X, Feb 20, 2016 build] D1 Final Boss bad AI, moves instead of remaining still
Weird stuff. We all know Descent 1 bosses, other than teleporting and turning in place, were stationary. But in the latest builds the final boss of D1 has gotten hell of a lot more lively when it comes to moving around. He still teleports normally just like he should, in appropriate intervals too. He does his wicked Mega Missile discharge thingy post every teleportation and his matcen-like hardcoded behavior is also correct. But he doesn't remain immobile in his teleportation spots, he can even fly up above the walls separating the four chambers and surprise you while you're above the walkways.

L7 Boss is fine, he doesn't move around.

This has never happened before in previous versions of Rebirth. I can't say whether it has something to do with it, but it does appear as though this movement routine is the same as the one assigned to the boss in descent2.ham. The AI sadly got badly damaged in D2, completely removing teleportation and cloaking and instead giving the robot normal movement - and that is the kind of movement I now see in the unification build.
I'm Xfing from Descent BB.net.

D1,5 in progress. Drop by here to find out more.
Oha! That's not supposed to happen indeed. I'll check it out!. Thanks Smile
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
(02-21-2016, 11:02 PM)Descender1032 link Wrote:The AI sadly got badly damaged in D2, completely removing teleportation and cloaking and instead giving the robot normal movement.

That's weird, I never noticed that at all in D2x-Rebirth 0.58.1 or the original DOS D2. I have always encountered just sitting and teleporting. When did you see this behavior?
Descent Rangers
Name: Maestro
Assignment: Black Squad
(02-24-2016, 07:11 PM)MaestroMD link Wrote:[quote author=Descender1032 link=topic=2089.msg22039#msg22039 date=1456095766]
The AI sadly got badly damaged in D2, completely removing teleportation and cloaking and instead giving the robot normal movement.

That's weird, I never noticed that at all in D2x-Rebirth 0.58.1 or the original DOS D2. I have always encountered just sitting and teleporting. When did you see this behavior?
[/quote]
he is referring to the D1 bosses in D2 only, not the D2 bosses.

D1 is now acting like D2 in that reguard.
Oh yeah, using d1 robots in d2 got all janky, I remember now. Weird that that's happening in unification too.
Descent Rangers
Name: Maestro
Assignment: Black Squad