Support for console controllers
I would love to see better support for console controllers.

I will typically use the XBox One controller, in particular, connected to my PC for my Descent gaming.

I configure it as a joystick, but some features need better support. Specifically, the trigger buttons are registered as sticks rather than buttons... which makes sense, but that means they can only be assigned to "axis"-type functions. Ultimately, I want to assign primary and secondary weapons to the triggers, and cycling to the shoulder buttons.
Yes, Descent makes a very distinct difference between axes and buttons - which made sense. Since XInput, all this changed a lot in I'll see that this will be supported in one of the upcoming versions. But it may not happen until the support of SDL2.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
(08-17-2016, 11:12 AM)zico Wrote: Yes, Descent makes a very distinct difference between axes and buttons - which made sense. Since XInput, all this changed a lot in I'll see that this will be supported in one of the upcoming versions. But it may not happen until the support of SDL2.

Can you give timeframe when SDL2 will be implemented, please?  Big Grin
I wouldn't plan on it being soon. It's not on my task list, and zico has not had time to work on Descent for quite a while. Some people have expressed interest in its completion, but none have volunteered to work on it, so in practice no progress is being made on it.