Page & Forums feedback
As you can read in the news[1], page and forums are finally back online.
Now here, in this topic, you are invited to give me your feedback. Tell me what you think of the changes, if you encounter any issues, if you miss something, etc.

[1] http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/news/page-update-complete
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
My existing login cookie worked, which is nice.

The default theme is a bit bright.  I will try to write up some alternate styles for it this week.
Rules to override:
.windowbg2, /* shows text of prior posts while replying */
.roundframe, /* container for the reply textarea */
textarea /* input field for replies */
{background-color:darkgrey}
I like the redesign! As already mentioned, the main thing I'd suggest is a dark theme.

Also, (Just a pet peeve), could you capitalize the home, help, search etc. menu at the top?
Will do. I still have to fix a minor bug in the theme either way.
After spending a few minutes poking at the CSS, I have a dark theme that I like.  These are the rules that implement it.  I have them applied locally, and it looks good.
Code:
    body, td, th, tr,    /* make text brighter */
    #full_content,
    .windowbg2, /* even-numbered posts in threads, text of prior posts while replying */
    .roundframe, /* container for the reply textarea */
    textarea, /* input field for replies */
    .description, .description_board, .plainbox    /* legend */
    {
        color:#ddd !important;
        background-color:#080808 !important
    }
    #preview_body,
    .windowbg /* odd-numbered posts in threads*/
    {
        background-color:#222 !important;
    }
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6
    {
    }
    .stickybg,.stickybg2
    {
        background:#220 !important;
    }
    .quoteheader
    {
        color:#bbb !important;
        background:#101 !important;
    }
    blockquote.bbc_standard_quote, blockquote.bbc_alternate_quote
    {
        color:#ccc !important;
        background:#011 !important;
    }
    a:link
    {
        color:blue !important;
    }
    a:visited
    {
        color:#a0a !important;
    }
    code.bbc_code
    {
        background:#110 !important;
    }
    table.table_list tbody.content td.lastpost
    {
        font-size:100% !important;
    }
    .forumwidth
    {
        width:auto !important;
    }
I think I can add these modifications as a separate theme so you can easily switch to the dark version in your user profile. I am also still hunting for a few small bugs in the theme. PHP is a totally new world for me. Big Grin
Okay guys - I know some of you may liek the old, darker theme more. So I turned on the theme selector. I completely forgot this was turned off. Now if you go to your profile and select "Look & Layout" from there you can change the theme to "BluTech" and get the old style back.
Since the most recently installed Theme here caused some small glitches, I installed a new one and A Future Pilot was so generous to style it properly to a dark layout - which you can now also find on the main page. Again, you can still change to the "BluTech" style we've been using for years in your profile.
If you notice any glitches with the new layout, let me know. I have noticed that the breadcrumbs are kind of misaligned when making a post but that should be fixed in no time.

Additionally, I have now disabled the manual approval of new members. I.e. new users can register without me activating them. Since I re-launched the forums, I added a few new Anti-Spam techniques, including a query to the stopforumspam.com database and it proved extremely effective. Not a single spammer had success (and they tried a LOT). But just in case you see a suspicious post, feel free to report it.
I am currently on mobile, and this is where the theme suffers a lot. The user info when looking at the forums is too big. A user icon will take up the whole screen. So I am scrolling through a topic seeing... icon, actual post, HUGE icon, their post, another screen sized icon.... you get the idea.
You're absolutely right about this. I noticed this the first time I tested the layout, wanted to fix it and of course forgot since I barely use my tablet for the forums. I changed the avatars now to occupy less space and hopefully make the threads less cluttered.