DXX-Rebirth unification Beta Builds
OK, I made new binaries for raspbian, based on the unification/master branch from 2015-04-05:

I also made a build with the most extreme CFLAGS I could find (including link time optimization). These might be a little bit faster on the Pi (or maybe not):

Interestingly, I had some issues with these CFLAGS in the past, the game would sometimes crash with SIGBUS, hinting at some unaligned memory access. However, I was unable to reproduce this with the current builds. But consider these builds still experimental. If you encounter any SIGBUS crashs, please let me know.

The games are compiled with /usr/share/games/d1x-rebirth (and d2x-rebirth respectively) as defualt data directory. The shareware/demo game content is also available as binary packages:
so the game should work out of the box on the Pi.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." -- Antoine de Saint Exupéry
OK, I lied. There WILL be a new build coming tonight though!

I'll also update the first post with the Raspbian build. Hey derhass, could you just start updating that last post, so I won't have to change the link in the OP every time? Smile
Updated! Now has "spawn with weapon" option.

(Sorry it took so long...I had some issues with compiling, but that should be fixed now Smile )
@Derhass D1 and D2 don't seem to.. look right on my pi2 ._.

[Image: 11123614_770538193061816_1853767313_n.jp...e=553AF2CE]

[Image: 11160281_770538546395114_623309184_n.jpg...e=553AEC79]
@Descent Freak:

Hmm, interesting. I never observed this before (but I also didn't try it on Pi 2 yet). Does this only happen with the beta build, or also with the stable (0.58.1) version?
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." -- Antoine de Saint Exupéry
All 3 builds that you had for D1 and D2.
Hmmm. I had definitively already reports that it is working flawlessly on the Pi 2, so that might not be the issue at all. I'm not sure what would cause this. Do you run the stable raspbian wheezy distribution, or something else?
I downloaded the latest version of the raspbian image from the raspberry pi website. Other than that, I just installed both of your D1 and D2 rebirth ports.

EDIT: I just reinstalled raspbian and switched to a more solid psu for my pi2. Descent seems to act the same.
What data files are you using?

Can you test with those shareware packages I made (if you didn't use that already)?
Descent data files? I'm just using the DOS d1 hog and pig from the full version(same for all files for D2 win95). I have tried the mac data and it's no different. And well I tried the shareware packages and they seem to act the same way(textures and sounds are all screwed up).