DXX-Rebirth unification Beta Builds
You can now download the latest builds from https://www.dxx-rebirth.com/download-dxx-rebirth/
I tried running the d1x exe in my Windows 7 VM and in Wine, and had problems.  D1x-rebirth works fine in both.

I put the beta exe into my extracted d1x-rebirth 0.58.1 directory, and ran it.  In both Wine and my Windows 7 VM, I'm missing DLLs.

Windows 7 said that I was missing libwinpthread-1.dll and Wine said that I was missing libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll.  There could be more DLLs that are missing but have not been revealed.

Can you statically link that mingw stuff?
Just now I ran the latest d1x-rebirth-beta.exe with -debug and -verbose enabled in d1x.ini.

The splash screens appear, but Descent crashes to desktop as it tries to display the select-pilot screen.  Stderr.txt and stdout.txt are empty and there's no info logged to the console.

I get that behavior both in my Windows 7 VM and in Wine.

By the way, AFP you should post a link to libwinpthread-1.dll in your post.
As soon as I get home tonight, the builds won't need that .dll anymore.
The builds are updated
*puts a big thumbs up* Smile

@AFP,
I really appreciate your work on this. I've been meaning to compile a Windows build myself but I'm still stuck configuring the new MinGW environment properly.
But as a question: Is it possible to name the files with date or something in that regard? I know the game log (and gamelog.txt) tells about the compilation date but having the date in a more accessible way might give potential testers a way of making reports a bit easier and we can check better where the bug occurred, if it was fixed or recently caused (regression), etc. I don't wanna cause you more additional work so if you just want a single link, this is absolutely fine.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
So, these builds are crashing after the intro screens...kp, could you debug them by any chance? (I'm having issues figuring out how to debug on Linux).
(03-19-2015, 05:19 PM)A Future Pilot link Wrote:So, these builds are crashing after the intro screens...

Are you, by any chance, trying this with the shareware game data? A just noticed the same behavior in that cse (on Linux though): see https://github.com/dxx-rebirth/dxx-rebirth/issues/46.However, works with the full version.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." -- Antoine de Saint Exupéry
No, I'm using the GOG files...
(03-19-2015, 05:19 PM)A Future Pilot link Wrote:So, these builds are crashing after the intro screens...kp, could you debug them by any chance? (I'm having issues figuring out how to debug on Linux).
No.  Using editor+OGL on Linux with commit Fix Win64 startup crash, the only crash I can reproduce is the one that derhass filed.  I will look at that, but I cannot help you with the other, since I cannot reproduce it and no one has posted any debugging information.