An issue I have with DXX-Rebirth and Win7 (X64) SP1
when I play D1X-Rebirth on my win7 rig the movement of the screen goes between smooth and jerky and choppy.  the FPS counter does not drop, but the gameplay is badly affected on my end.  I just downloaded latest version and the problem continues.  Is there anything I can do to get constant smooth gameplay. 

My Specs:

ASUS Z97-k Motherboard
i7-4790K @4.0-4.4Ghz
16Gb DDR3 RAM
Noctua NH-L12 Low profile Air Cooler
Gigabyte Geforce GTX760 OC Edition with windforce cooler and 4Gb GDDR5 RAM
Windows 7 (x64) SP1
Latest Nvidia Display Drivers
27" ASUS VG278 120Hz 3D Monitor with Nvidia 3D Vision 2 (3D Disabled for non 3D ready games)
Logitech G710+ Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Customizable Gaming Mouse
Logitech F710 Wireless Controller
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Flightstick
Hmm, maybe you are a victim of the same weird "VSync" issue some users have reported earlier.

Can you check the binaries linked in http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/frm/index.php...l#msg20745 if they make any difference for your case? They should work as a drop-in replacement for the official 0.58.1 EXE files.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." -- Antoine de Saint Exupéry
Are you playing in windowed mode or fullscreen?  Does the problem happen in both?  What are your Rebirth graphics settings?
(03-15-2015, 02:36 PM)derhass link Wrote:Hmm, maybe you are a victim of the same weird "VSync" issue some users have reported earlier.

Can you check the binaries linked in http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/frm/index.php...l#msg20745 if they make any difference for your case? They should work as a drop-in replacement for the official 0.58.1 EXE files.

Thanks that fixed the issue. Smile
The syncgl patch from derhass is currently in my queue to be merged into the unification repo. Will be one of the next commits after another bunch of small time multiplayer fixes.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
(03-19-2015, 12:02 PM)zico link Wrote:The syncgl patch from derhass is currently in my queue to be merged into the unification repo. Will be one of the next commits after another bunch of small time multiplayer fixes.

Well, I still plan to clean these up a bit. I would update them for unification branch myself (but I need a little time). Currently, I'm trying to get the RPi port built on the unification branch. The syncgl stuff is next my list, too.
I don't know if and how much work you have already put into this. I've forked the dxx repo on github, my work can be followed at https://github.com/derhass/dxx-rebirth (note the additional branches), so we can also cooperate by pull requests (in both directions) directly on github, and avoid doing work twice.

"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove." -- Antoine de Saint Exupéry
Cool thanks. My initial plan was to first take the syncgl as is with the intention: "Doesn't matter how - main thing is that it works". But now I can keep an eye on your repo and see how we do it.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!