Any programmer willing to pick this up?
It seems that v66r is not coming back and there are some key things that still need to be fixed. IS there anyone with some free time that is willing to pick this project up?
(12-05-2014, 03:14 AM)Blarget2 link Wrote:...some key things that still need to be fixed.
Could you be more specific about those 'key things'?
(12-05-2014, 01:43 PM)aqqman link Wrote:[quote author=Blarget2 link=topic=1965.msg21058#msg21058 date=1417749296]
...some key things that still need to be fixed.
Could you be more specific about those 'key things'?
[/quote]

Well it still has some crashes every now and then, based on some few key strokes or something ( don't exactly remember I would have to do some trial and error and get back to you).

and some quality of life changes (things that are not too important) Like the ability to see custom textures in Descent 1, The ability to insert more than 1 cube at a time by holding shift, and some more... I had a list somewhere.
Specifying those things would help I guess.
I'm still not sure... by 'key things' you meant 'important things' or 'things related to keys'?
After reading your description I'm guessing - the latter, meaning not very important nor urgent.
Social engineering stuff with this wording of yours Tongue
(12-06-2014, 12:12 AM)aqqman link Wrote:Specifying those things would help I guess.
I'm still not sure... by 'key things' you meant 'important things' or 'things related to keys'?
After reading your description I'm guessing - the latter, meaning not very important nor urgent.
Social engineering stuff with this wording of yours Tongue

Actually it is both. The crashes would fall into the important things, the Quality of Life stuff would fall into the things related to keys.
More details.
I don't get crashes, but I'm not using keys often too... it might be related I guess.
(12-06-2014, 10:48 PM)aqqman link Wrote:More details.
I don't get crashes, but I'm not using keys often too... it might be related I guess.

I have not touched the editor in awhile, but I think it has to do with resizing windows, making cube sections, setting from d1 to d2, using custom textures, Lighting with custom textures, and other things Not in a particular order. Usually combine 3 or more of those actions listed will show a crash 20% of the time. There might be some other thing I do in the editor that I cant think of because I do it passively that might trigger these crashes. I am not sure.

As for the quality of Life stuff, The ability to Create more than one cube at a time will significantly save time. it would literally be the best addition.
I suggest that anyone interested in fixing this begin by building with -fsanitize=address -Og -ggdb and/or using Valgrind.  AddressSanitizer and Valgrind are both helpful for locating some classes of bugs that can manifest as crashes.