IFF error: Not an IFF file.
Im giving a go at supporting my previous opengl changes. I can compile with little modifications which is good.
Im using the current git as of this post.

When i try to run d1x I get this IFF error:

Code:
Using SDL_mixer library                                                                                                                                                                         
sdl-joystick: found 0 joysticks                                                                                                                                                                 
bm_load_sub:199: error: File  - IFF error: Not an IFF file.

My data files (which have worked before):
Code:
174751  CHAOS.HOG
7261423  DESCENT.HOG
4520145 DESCENT.PIG

d2x is running and rendering.
d1x-rebirth and d1x-rebirth-editor run OK for me using the full game Descent data files with current Git HEAD.
@kp:
I can reproduce it. Happens with the v1.0 registered game data. I can try to bisect it, if you want.
(Btw. debug build does not compile for me)
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Go ahead.  It's probably game data version specific.  I tested with the v1.5 data.  I can look into it if there is nothing obvious when you find the regression revision.
didnt realize my data was not the latest, guess i should look for a patch
The fist download on this page helps: http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/download-misc/
I have found the issue. Should be fixed soon (most likely by kp since he works much faster than I do Big Grin).
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
This should be fixed in 54da3b386becfea86695d2fca81e32fb034f1734 by copying needed strings out of the temporary buffer before it is wiped.