[D1XR 0581] homers prioritize targets
homers will ignore the medium lifter directly infront of you and go after a class 2 drone all the way on the far side of the room insted.

i see this happening ALL the time, not just once in a while.

and again... this doesnt happen in D2.
???
Do you have a demo of the occurrence so I can see how the goal selecting code is reacting here?
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
ill try and nab something.

i am noticing that the homer prefers to choose any bot over the medium lifter thats right infront of you, even another medium lifter further away.
The homers have their own weird way of selecting targets, which is not always range. However 0.58.1 still has homers that are not perfectly emulating the original game. The next release will solve that and it partially changes how targets are "seen", too. Maybe this will fix your bug. If not, I gotta see where this comes from and check what I can do about that. Considering it would be yet another change that would make the homers "less original" - but in this case I would definitely be in for it as not selecting the "obvious" target seems just wrong.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
I noticed this problem recently as well. Every time I play level 11, my homer chooses the wrong conc hulk near the energy center. I fire one around the corner expecting it to hit the first one at the end of the hall. Instead, it goes for the one behind it nearest the energy center itself. And it can't hit that one because of the wall. I think you could find it pretty easily because it happened every time.  In this instance though, it could be that the back corner hulk is the first one the missile sees because of the angle of the initial launch.