Resolution issue on launch - D1X - Mac - High Res
no i dont think the HR pack is doing this either especially since he said he tried w/o it.

sounds like a 'stretch to fullscreen' monitor problem.
I found a workaround:
Editing the descent.cfg file found in ~/Library/Preferences/D1X Rebirth and setting the values as follows:
ResolutionX=1280
ResolutionY=800
When launching the game the screen will be visible and it is possible to set the resolution at 2880x1800, it's a small hassle that happens at every launch, but that's the best I could do.

I made a script to do it automatically:

1) put the following code in a file with extension .command in the same folder as D1X Rebirth.app
for example: resetAndRunD1X.command

Code:
DIRNAME=`dirname "$0"`

cd  ~/Library/Preferences/D1X\ Rebirth
mv descent.cfg descent.cfg.bak
cat descent.cfg.bak | sed 's/ResolutionX=.*/ResolutionX=1280/g; s/ResolutionY=.*/ResolutionY=800/g' > descent.cfg

cd "$DIRNAME"
open D1X\ Rebirth.app

2) Double click on it and it will patch the descent.cfg and run the game in 1280x800 mode so you can manually set the resolution.

If you're happy about this solution please check out and "like" my band The Used Cars and listen to my songs  Cool
[Image: header_left.png]
www.theusedcars.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Used-Cars/24981716676
https://play.spotify.com/artist/683iaWsLhpDiY6t03BOf4k
That script goes to a lot of trouble for something so simple.  You could rewrite it to be safer and also use fewer commands.
Code:
sed -i.bak -e '/ResolutionX=/s/=.*/=1280/;/ResolutionY=/s/=.*/=800/' "~/Library/Preferences/D1X Rebirth/descent.cfg"
open "D1X Rebirth.app"
This version avoids mangling a descent.cfg in an unspecified directory if the cd fails and avoids a useless use of cat.  You can change -i.bak to -i if you do not want the archived copy.  This assumes -iextension support which is present in GNU sed, but I believe is present in Apple sed also.
That looks better, I'm not much of a savvy bash user, I will let you know if it works with the i- flag

Thanks
if it were Windows, id suggest just editing the descent.cfg file and then set it to read only.