[D1XR] 581 ~ L10 premature triggers
i was able to reproduce it over and over... at the time it was happening.

i didnt realize it might have been the actual savegame file that was the problem, and i no longer have that file.
That's odd... I tried to reproduce that either - without success... here the doors open when crossing the point where the smart missile is. And not before.
Also tried to save and to restore before entering the room. Even tried to save in 0.57.3 and restore in 0.58.1...
just played past L10, no error. (fresh install & new player file)

if it (or anything) happens again ill stop and save everything before trying to debug it.
this happened again.
reloaded from savegame and it bugged again.
this time im using the D1MAC data. (previous time was using PC data)

savegame file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m9fubz...c88/me.sg0

obviously the problem is with the savestate, but i have no idea why these doors are getting triggered  ???
Sorry, I cannot test this right now (not the right PC). The savegame you linked is one I can trigger this bug or are the doors already triggered wrong? Cause if you managed to make a 100%-reproducable Savegame, that might help greatly to get to the source of this. I gotta check this out when I get to my dev PC.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
savegame is at the start of L10.
dont worry ~ its rookie, just blast your way thru Wink

...it door bugged on me so i restarted the level from the savegame, and it did it again.
i closed D1X, rebooted Win, and tried it again. it bugged again.

ill try it one more time right now...

yup, did it again.
its gotta be the savegame file.

cold starting L10 (not using a savegame) runs fine.
Yep, when I load ThugsRook's savegame and play the level, the doors near the smart missile are already open when I enter the room. In fact, this also happens when I load the savegame in Descent v1.4a in DOSBox. I wonder if the game is incorrectly saving those doors in the "open" state ...
I will check the savageame and see what I can find.
i have new information about this.

if i recreate first strike as a "mission" in D1 (MSN+HOG), all  of the triggers are triggered premature. as to why it did this for the registered default mission, i dont know. but there is a serious bug here Sad
Judging from several different issues I worked on in the past weeks, I think I know what is wrong here and it should be fixed in the current code base.