[D1XR] 581 ~ L10 premature triggers
im sure you know this area behind the yellow door.
grab the smart missile and the side walls open.

BUG, the side walls now open when i enter the room before even going anywhere near the smart missile.
this is repeatable time and again on 581, never happens with 573.

[Image: d1l10bug.jpg]
This is very interesting. Thanks for reporting.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Hey ThugsRook,

I have a further question. Since you describe it's pretty easy to reproduce this bug on your end, can you probably send me a demo of it? I must admit I'm having issues reproducing the bug myself (development code, 0.58.1 release build on either Linux and Windows) and I wonder if I do something wrong. Also the demo might give out a few hints on where to start looking. So if you could create a short demo (IF possible from start of the level (would be preferred) or at least from loading your savegame) that would be mighty handy. Thank you.
sorry, cant make a demo at this time.
but i have more info...

you know how ive been reporting quite a few small odd D1 bugs recently?
D1 red hulk but launcher...
D1 red hulk instant triple homers...
i think ive found the common problem.
they only happen when loading from a savegame.  :-\

even with this bug i was testing 581 from my savegame, and 573 from a L10 cold start.
This is a very interesting point. Thank you very much. I'll see to it that savegames are working proper. Even tho I gotta say a red hulk firing backwards I KNOW this. I have problems reproducing it myself currently but I've seen this happen way, way back.
However If you meet a Savegame that produces these results fro you, please send it to me. Could give me some very useful information.
An additional question just came to my mind: You said you experience these weird glitches after loading a game. Do you load after losing a life? Or does this even happen after a regular load from main menu? Because we discovered a memory glitch occurring when the game switches to the death camera and whenever you play in full screen mode (no cockpit or statusbar). This might also explain a few things (even tho I still gotta investigate it but this info might help).
^ loading a savegame.

typically when i play thru a game i save at the start of each level. if i die (i play no-deaths) i restart the level from savegame and try again.

'cold starting' a level does not produce the errors.
I think I did express myself wrong here. I'm sorry. Yeah I understand the glitches don't happen if you start a level from scratch. Basically my question was if the savegame loads are "because" of death. So that probably not loading a savegame might be an issue but rather dying (shortly) before. That's what I want to find out.

Example:
1) Play Level 10 normally, selecting NEW GAME and then Level 1. Problem(s) there?
2) You saved in Level 10, quit the game, come back next day and load the game from LOAD GAME in main menu. Problem(s) there?
3) You play level 10, die, load your game. Problem(s) there?

Select what fits your scenario. And you can select multiple answers.

We found out 0.58.1 has the potential to glitch out the whole application (until you restart it). So maybe there is a connection.
^ tried all that, had no problems.

i going to just play thru the game from the beggining as i normally would and we'll see what happens.
Hm sorry since you said it was repeatable time and again, once case might have hit. So... how exactly do you produce this error? Since I really have problems to do so and reproducing it might help me to find the cause.