[0.58.1] [Solved!] Save/Load menu lockups
System Info: Windows XP Home, 700 MHz, 768 MB RAM, NVIDIA TNT2 64 Graphics Card

I upgraded to version 0.58.1 for D2X-Rebirth and got D1X-Rebirth, but I'm still having problems with menus.

When a load menu is opened in D1X, the screen quite often freezes (I'd say about 3/4 of the time). The same thing happens with the save menu in D2X. The computer responds to the three-finger salute (ctrl-alt-del), but the video freezes and doesn't show anything.

aqqman suggested running the program in windowed mode, not fullscreen. Has this worked for anyone else who has experienced this bug (if anyone else has...)?
Descent Rangers
Name: Maestro
Assignment: Black Squad
You know... this game - I mean original, used to work well on ancient 486DX processors but rebirth will not.
I ran it some time ago on Pentium 2 (450MHz) with  Nvidia TNT2 pro (not on much weaker 64 model) and it ran terrible!
Using winXP on 700MHz processor is not a good idea when you consider any games except chess, solitaire or minesweeper in my opinion (been there).
Actually the vid card may be pro, not 64... I'm not quite sure really.
Descent Rangers
Okay, it's a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 64, I think.
Descent Rangers
PROBLEM SOLVED!

So it turns out that nVIDIA gave me a driver that it said was fully supported by my card, but actually wasn't. There was a minute incompatibility that only showed itself in loading the dialog boxes - everything else worked normally. I rolled back my driver from v6 to v5, now everything is working normally.
Descent Rangers