[D1X-R 0.58.1, Windows 7] scoresb.pcx not properly supported
Almost, yes. Smile

Now the sole thing that's missing is that the function is able to check for the hires/wide suffixes by itself so you won't need to give three filenames to this function. I.e. so you just give "stars" and it'll return "stars.pcx", "starsb.pcx", "starsw.pcx" - whatever you want it. This way it's all very central, without worrying about the syntax for each call. I admit it's a bit overkill but a nice addition to keep this all clean and consistent.

Oh and yes, I've got this function written a few days ago already. Just not pushed it over, yet. So I really thank you for the contribution it's pretty much done.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
^ what are the specifications of the W textures going to be?

arent we going to need to make them?  ???
Well yes it's of course meant for user created content. You could remake the Hires AddOn for Widescreen, also create on for D2, you could make Widescreen briefing images - whatever you wish. I am planning to allow these for every PCX in the game.

About the specifications I have no real intentions to limit that much since PCX files can usually be scaled pretty good.
The code will use NAMEw.pcx when two conditions are met:
a) Resolution width is larger or equal 640 and height is larger or equal 480 (i.e. game runs at least in hires mode. Widesceen could be used in lowres, too but the low res versions are created in 320x200 which is 16:10 but meant to be stretched to 4:3)
b) Aspect ratio is larger or equal 1.6 (i.e. 16:10, 16:9 or wider)
(10-25-2013, 10:58 AM)zico link Wrote:b) Aspect ratio is larger or equal 1.6 (i.e. 16:10, 16:9 or wider)
I would make the threshold slightly smaller, like 1.59. Setting it to "exactly" 1.6 can potentially cause some or all 16:10 resolutions to not be recognized as widescreen due to rounding errors. Using a slightly smaller threshold would prevent this problem.
(10-25-2013, 10:58 AM)zico link Wrote:You could remake the Hires AddOn for Widescreen...
i can already make a hires addon for aspect correct widescreen right now, i dont need your help there  Tongue

now if youre talking FOV ~ well now, thats a different story!  Cool

actually, there is a bug in D2 where you can trick it into displaying aspect correct widescreen. it has something to do with the death sequence ~ which is in aspect correct widescreen!  ???
You can make Widescreen images for sure but in this case they won't be shown correctly if you change to a 4:3 aspect. Then you'd need to exchange the AddOn.