[D2X 0.57.3-dev] Inconsistent mine countdown state among players
In a 4 player coop game, on a custom level with the D1 first boss, we killed the boss, but player #4 took fatal damage right as the boss went down.  The surviving players assumed that player #4 was doomed due to the path from respawn to exit being >70 seconds, so we looted his gear and flew through the exit door.  While waiting at the score screen, the reactor countdown stopped at T-15.  I think the countdown was a few seconds above that when the host crossed the exit trigger.  We then discovered that player #4 did not see a countdown or any of the other mine shaking effects.  Upon returning to his death site, he reported that the boss was intact, tracked his movement, did not fire, and would not die despite emptying his full energy reserves into it.  When player #4 quit the game, the countdown resumed, and upon reaching T-0, the remaining players entered the next level.  The current theory is that somehow player #4 missed a message telling him that the boss was dying.  This player has a history of dropping with the error "You failed sending important packets"; this occurs once every few days, and had happened earlier in the game where the stuck boss was observed.

I'm not sure how to reproduce this one.  That player has been in more than a dozen other levels where everything went smoothly.
Not all packets are currently covered by the packet loss protection code. That depends on the fact that some Client-controlled actions - including the bots. So if a client misses the right packet at the wrong time, including the right chain of events I am afraid this stuff might be easily possible. But I couldn't say which packet you gotta miss for this. It might very well just be the one telling about the destruction of the bot (boss).

I have most of that rewritten already - including host-controlled powerup collection and maintenance. It still misses a few vital parts to actually function but I'm going to finish this after the code has been merged.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Old topic but an update for the logs:
Due to important packets being properly resent and ordered, this glitch should not happen anymore. But more testing should show.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!