Mac D1 sounds contain clicks
^ actually 22k upscaled to 44k sounds way better than 11k upscaled to 44k.

i upscaled the 98 D1 WAV files to 22k and they sound very nice.  however they arent named correctly (DTX naming) and obviously arent in the proper RAW format.

i understand this is (somewhat) already been done with sdl_mixer, but can we do this for classic mode?  p-l-e-a-s-e  Smile
Like I said, it depends on HOW you upscale them. Since the source material is just 11khz - honestly, it's not much room for actual "improvement" anyways. If you have them upscaled to your liking, put them in the same style as the Mac Sounds AddOn, activate SDL_mixer and that's it. I can't offer you more here since it's not part of the original game content and there is no s22 file the game code could handle. It's too much of a specific wish to justify a change in the game engine.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
^ any possibility of a 22k command line switch to limit sdl_mixer?
It's actually easier if you do that by yourself in the source. Since the whole project is open I feel such extremely personal changes should be up to the user instad of overloading the game itself with it. Cause frankly I see no point in limiting SDL_mixer personally.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
^ yea youre right there, that wasnt a smart request  :-[

a better idea would be to just upscale the files to 44k.
22k sounds really good (upscaled with basic sndrec32) but havent tried 44k yet.
(05-28-2013, 12:35 AM)Yarn link Wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8935...sounds.zip
Yarn ~ any chance of remaking this pack upscaled to 44k 8 bit mono?  :-[
(10-09-2013, 01:44 AM)ThugsRook link Wrote:Yarn ~ any chance of remaking this pack upscaled to 44k 8 bit mono?  :-[
Why? You do realize that simply upscaling to 44k won't magically make it sound better, right? Furthermore, D1X-R only supports sounds that are sampled at 11k, so an upscaled add-on pack is not possible.
actually they do magically sound better Big Grin
but if D1X doesnt support it then there is no point.

thx anyways  Smile
(10-09-2013, 04:46 AM)ThugsRook link Wrote:actually they do magically sound better Big Grin
This is sarcasm, right?
no sarcasm im serious ~ i upscaled the D1 sounds to 22k 8bit mono and they sound much better. upscaling to 44k 8bit mono is just padding, it sounds the same as 22k. this upscaling sounds much better than SDL_mixer's upscaling.

you do notice that D2 sounds better than D1 right?
thats the difference.

Smile