Status of V0.5
Version 0.5 of SDLDevil is almost finished.

New features already implemented:
* Graphical configuration screen with WAY more comfortable way to set up the paths (reachable on first start or with /config or from within the editor)
* The ability to remap keys
* More screen resolutions with fullscreen option (for levelediting in full-HD 1080p Smile )
The config screen looks like this:
[Image: sdldevil11.png]

Bugs already fixed:
* Keyrepeat (optional, toggleable via the configuration screen)
* Texture list mess up when foregrounding the window after switching to different wall
* Crash when deleting many tagged cubes
* Crash in /4 texture list view
* not recognized command line options on windows
* Crash on pogfile loading
* Crash when closing level with tagged elements
* wrong mapped keys for moving back/forward on numpad / turning

Still outstanding:
* Renderer / Lighting issues (the code is just awful Smile )
* Wall insert modifies previous wall bug (still could not reproduce this for sure...)

looks great!  ;D

About the bug with walls. I believe that is not a bug that he was describing, but a feature. When you insert a new wall, don't change the attributes 1st. You have to insert THEN change the attributes or else the other wall will still be selected.
Great things! key mapping! pog files!
Does it use rebirth executable?
I hope you removed that nasty descent version check.

(05-04-2012, 10:19 PM)Blarget2 link Wrote:When you insert a new wall, don't change the attributes 1st. You have to insert THEN change the attributes or else the other wall will still be selected.
That may be the truth. I've tried to reproduce it few times recently and I couldn't. dang!
I'm sorry v66r.
(05-04-2012, 11:13 PM)aqqman link Wrote:Does it use rebirth executable?
Basically you can point it to any executable... If you choose "play level", it will run store a tmpdevil.hog / msn /mn2 in the mission folder and run that executable afterwards... no matter if this is rebirth, xl or notepad.exe Smile

(05-04-2012, 11:13 PM)aqqman link Wrote:I hope you removed that nasty descent version check.
I made the Descent version freely selectable, however for Descent 1 the version check is still there since d1 1.0 and d1 1.4's descent.pig differ in such drastic way that the wrong choice currently would crash the editor. When choosing the wrong version, it persists on the right choice.
On the other side I thought about removing the old versions completely since all modern game sourceports also demand on the latest patches for Descent.

(05-04-2012, 11:13 PM)aqqman link Wrote:That may be the truth. I've tried to reproduce it few times recently and I couldn't. dang!
I'm sorry v66r.
No prob Wink
(05-05-2012, 08:31 AM)v66r link Wrote:On the other side I thought about removing the old versions completely since all modern game sourceports also demand on the latest patches for Descent.

Not really to be precise. Rebirth on it's own tires to handle all PIG/HOG files on the fly. Since we - still - have no CRC checking, we do work with simple size-checks on these files and read them as they expect it.

If you wish I can send you a list with the filesizes (PC content, Mac content, OEM, Shareware - as you desire) of all the different PIG-sizes to build some sort of automatic detection for SDLDevil.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
that would be cool. checking the file sizes would be helpful to determine which d2 version is installed.
No problems. Actually I do not need to send it to you, you can look it up in the sourcecode.

In both D1X- and D2X-Rebirth
main/piggy.h shows you the sizes for the PIG files
and
main/mission.h shows you the sizes of all the different HOG files
That is - the versions of the game we know of.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
btw.: I tested the .pog support yesterday and fixed yet another bug. it works now, here is the proof Smile

[Image: sdldevil12.png]
Excellent, I'll take the middle one ;p.

What really file check does? is it there for backward compatibility? (DOS Descent)
If someone wants to run DOS Descent (for whatever reason) should be able to use DOS Devil with it( again, for whatever reason)
(05-11-2012, 07:19 PM)aqqman link Wrote:What really file check does? is it there for backward compatibility? (DOS Descent)
If someone wants to run DOS Descent (for whatever reason) should be able to use DOS Devil with it( again, for whatever reason)

It checks only the versions of the data files (descent.pig, groupa.pig ...). SDLDevil runs fine with a DOS Descent installation. However SDLDevil for itself won't run on DOS of course. If someone uses DOS he / she has to run the original DEVIL Smile
With the different versions, the format of the data files changed also. Especially DESCENT.PIG in Descent 1. According to this SDLDevil has to read the files in a different manner.