06 - Common Sense
Hello friends,

After our April fools downtime yesterday I decided to give you little gift instead. So I took the chance to prepare a new DXX-Redrawn issue for you. So far this is the one with the "highest production value" - i.e. it took hours to finish - and the first one with six panels.

I hope you enjoy the newst issue Common Sense:
http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/wp-content/up...awn006.png

Please leave Feedback.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Hiding the key behind the red key door won't do much to save the boss anyways. The MD will still find some way to break in and murder him.

You know, from the data I've extracted from the Descent II Demo, the L4 boss originally acted like the D1 level 7 boss. I should see if that would tip the scales in his favor. heh
That's pretty cool man,but isn't the boss hidden in the floor in that huge room?

I would spot the bots communicating with each other through the force fields,and fire a crap load of  weapons at them.

BTW,that is really cool,how do you actually do this stuff?

you have the poly models in the picture.thats just cool Smile
(04-02-2012, 01:25 PM)Descent Freak link Wrote:That's pretty cool man,but isn't the boss hidden in the floor in that huge room?

he I would spot the bots communicating with each other through the force fields,and fire a crap load of  weapons at them.

In my imagination the boss jumps out from that hidden area to scare the human. But he does not live there all day - since that would be illogical. Where my last sentence of course is meant to be a joke since bots probably do not live, talk or make comics... so. Yeah - the comics more or less make fun of the cliches in Descent. Big Grin

(04-02-2012, 01:25 PM)Descent Freak link Wrote:BTW,that is really cool,how do you actually do this stuff?

you have the poly models in the picture.thats just cool Smile

I have implemented a function into Rebirth that allows me to view the polygon models and all bitmaps (textures, explosions, powerups, etc) just like the Descent 1 briefings. I added the ability to rotate models as well. So I just show what I need, rotate it right and make a screenshot.
The backgrounds in this comic is just screenshots from the boss room made blurry.

The rest all comes from GIMP.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Very cool-looking and funny comics zico, thanks!

Actually, I think this last edition is pretty "realistic."  The robots don't have AI for anything other than to shoot what looks like a pyro.  They aren't smart enough to put the keys behind doors that can't be opened.  But what if one of the robots developed the AI to hide the keys correctly?  Well, that would ruin the game!  So lucky for us the boss robot didn't recognize the great idea the little guy had!  Smile
I think that's by far the funniest redrawn yet!!!! Big Grin

Excellent job zico!!
I think that only a thief bot would have AI extensive enough to come up with such idea.... but it's funny anyway.  Cool
Funny enough, isn't it the thief that opens colored doors for you, regardless whether you have the key or not?
Descent Rangers
Captain of Black Lions squadron

The Stalker 21.126
Zica Laser
Guided Micro Bombs
Microcorp HXS Class C
Gravitron PulseWave
Zica SuperCharger
No, the thief only opens colored doors you have the key of... that's illogical but ensures that the player has to get the keys for the doors Smile
Finally - another dxx-redrawn :-D
I love these...Smile