Announcing SDLDevil
Oh v66r I love you!! ♥  :-*
LOL, now seriously, I'm really excited to see my favorite level editor being revamped to be useable on Windows. Big Grin
Yeah, as an Alpha it is, it still has some problems indeed, but this is goin' great! Big Grin

Now, this is the problem I got:
I've noticed on my side that the program crashes with this report on the devil.err file: 'Unexpected signal: Segment violation' , just after trying to load a level (it doesn't matters which one).

Also, when loading some levels (just before it Crashes to Desktop) it seems it can't correctly read wall and trigger information, it keeps saying 'Can't find cube xxxx for switch', where xxxx is a weird cube number (e.g. it says 26048 even when loading a vanilla 900 cube level).

But anyway, this is superb and really promising for me! Big Grin
(03-31-2012, 07:52 AM)Pumo link Wrote:Oh v66r I love you!! ♥  :-*

LOL, now seriously, I'm really excited to see my favorite level editor being revamped to be useable on Windows. Big Grin
Yeah, as an Alpha it is, it still has some problems indeed, but this is goin' great! Big Grin

Thanks alot Smile

(03-31-2012, 07:52 AM)Pumo link Wrote:Now, this is the problem I got:
I've noticed on my side that the program crashes with this report on the devil.err file: 'Unexpected signal: Segment violation' , just after trying to load a level (it doesn't matters which one).

Also, when loading some levels (just before it Crashes to Desktop) it seems it can't correctly read wall and trigger information, it keeps saying 'Can't find cube xxxx for switch', where xxxx is a weird cube number (e.g. it says 26048 even when loading a vanilla 900 cube level).

But anyway, this is superb and really promising for me! Big Grin

Oh, that should not be.... Can you please send this level it to me? Or tell me a download location for it to reproduce the bug? Thanks

(03-31-2012, 12:18 AM)aqqman link Wrote:Well in such case you should add 'processing' progress bar of some king, because non responsive at least informed you that it is doing something lol
Yes, in many places which are known taking a lot of time (like illuminating mine), there is already such feedback. On the other hand, using the make room feature on 9000 cubes is a quite unusual task... Smile
So should we expect 0.3 soon? Big Grin
Hi,

I fixed the mission manager, the paths and the full/with collision rendering. But there is another bug which crashes when changing the pig (which happens when loading / closing / changing d2 texture set), but seems only happen on windows systems.
I am still suffering from a cold... As soon as I am able to think again, I'll try to fix this bug. If it is easy to fix, i'll release 0.3 with this bugfix, if it is more complicated, i'll fix this in 0.4...
I think you can expect a 0.3 within the next week
tbh i never used the texture changer in devil. I never understood loading custom textures IN devil.
Thx v66r.
Another annoying one is when using rendering ON.
I hope you could fix that.

As for improvements (things present in DOS ver.).
Could you fix an error witch  prevents you to get rid of the wall (connect cubes properly) when the cube is bigger than 100 units?
It happens for example when you have 4 cubes and you want to make square from it (its ok as long as you are making single side connection with the other). Devil says the line is too long or whatever. I don't have great hope here since DLE seems to have the same problem. (note: I'm using DLE for rebirth - not XL)

(04-04-2012, 03:01 PM)aqqman link Wrote:Thx v66r.
Another annoying one is when using rendering ON.
I hope you could fix that.
He just stated he fixed it.

as for your other question, you could delete the side then expand it instead of the other way around Tongue
right...understanding was away when I was reading apparently - thx Wink
Blarget2, maybe you are right and I missed somewhere mass expanding/enlarge function which will let you go above 100 units. Automated stuff like enlarge/corridor wizard wont work with cubes bigger than 100. (Line too long/short error). 4 cubes was just an example. The goal is to be able to use more cubes with ease, the same way like you can do it with standard size cubes - to make it work in 'size matters not' fashion.

I'm beginning to think that creating a cube bigger than 100 units it's just an undocumented feature rather than something useful. Devil goes nuts with it and descent displays flickering walls in the middle of nowhere in random fashion.
It seems like it requires major engine and editor changes to deal with it like they did in DLE. After converting level to DX-XL standard those problems seems to be non existent anymore.
Like 900 cubes limit too I guess... clever marketing policy lol
DLE has no such problems whatsoever. Very strange... The engine does not overflow at below 200 units longitudinal dimension, like I said. And it has been tested as such. Devil apparently sets some fail-safe limits.
Descent Rangers
Captain of Black Lions squadron

The Stalker 21.126
Zica Laser
Guided Micro Bombs
Microcorp HXS Class C
Gravitron PulseWave
Zica SuperCharger