Future and evolution of DXX' Multiplayer
Smile
I don't expect you to fix connection using the code.
I'm asking to make packet losing client to be treated in a bit less tolerant way by the game.

Actually there is a trick I still have up my sleeve and I have not yet revealed:
In the whole host-authorizing topic I have still a trick up my sleeve that I have not revealed, yet: Status packets. They are like the positional data but sent less often and are smaller, too. They require less packets to be covered by packet-loss-prevention (no resends needed). In a way they can possibly compensate the WiFi hickups a BIT better than packet resending can.

However they won't be able to fix that laggy clients are harder to hit - while of course those clients have the same problem with you. It's hard to judge whether you want to get rid of a player due to unreliable connection. The game throws you out after a complete radio silence of 5 secs. In the long run I could implement routines to see how many packets are lost in total (resent or not). Then I could provide an option for the host to kick a client if more than X% packets are lost in a span of Y minutes. That's a possibility but I am not very fond of this since I am not sure how reliable this will be and how much it'll be abused ... I still hope that my plans (above) will generally improve the situation. Even tho ... like I said I can't fix their connections - just try to provide the best groundwork possible. Then we can see how we deal with this.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!