Raw translation:-48%
Here is the actual state of the D2X "Briefing-scenes" project:

Proof of concept:DONE
Raw translation:-51%

Raw translation:-54%

(I am a "hardworking" bee Big Grin )
I may have missed this, but are you going to have a second set of source code with German text strings, or eventually put it with the d2x-rebirth source code that's already there? This is possible with the actual binary, don't know about briefings. What Achim Stremplat (DEVIL) did was to have two header files, one German, one English. Each had every single text string. Rather than having the text strings in the C files he used #defines. This shouldn't be too bad to do for the D2X binary.

How Mac OS X does it is it chooses the text strings at runtime based on the user's language (set in System Preferences). Not sure if Linux can do something similar, this would be interesting at best and impossible at worst to implement in a portable way. (wxWidgets??)

The .txb/.tex files should be easy to keep separate. I guess you're just making extra .txb or .tex files which can then be put where D2X can find them.
Quote:The .txb/.tex files should be easy to keep separate. I guess you're just making extra .txb or .tex files which can then be put where D2X can find them.

Yeah that's exactly what Sniper is doing. Smile
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Hi Kreator,

You are right with believing:

Quote:The .txb/.tex files should be easy to keep separate. I guess you're just making extra .txb or .tex files which can then be put where D2X can find them.

Thats "all" what I am doing. "Just" create txb-files with the translated text.
Even the messages Descent 1 and 2 displays while playing or reading the menus could be translated this way.
But this is just true for the origin versions of D1 and D2. All X-versions of D1/ D2 gets additional text from their coders. And this aditional texts were put somewhere in the code, not in the txb-files where they should be.
(That the coders way: Do not use the origin possibilities but making some fast new lines of code. Wink )

Thank god it isn´t my intention to port D1/D2 completely to german any more. I am satisfied to translate the intros, robot-videos and the outros.

And by the way:

Raw translation:-57%

Hi Zico. I guess we answered him exactly at the same time. Big Grin
Thanks for your notifiaction Kreator. Smile
I wasn't exactly sure, bur I had a thought .... Wink

But now officially:
It's an honor to me to have one of the original developers of D2X in this forum.
Hope you enjoy your stay in out little group of Descent-Freaks Smile
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Truely and seriously ment: What an honor to us.
I hope I did not crestfallen you with my small abilities.
Sorry for just doing it the simple way. Cool