D2X-Rebirth in german language
As most of you know Descent 2 has the possibility to switch on subtitles for the movies. But like the dialogue it is in english. What the hell is the need of that for a german guy? I would like to read the english dialogue in german text.
I did a websearch and asked some people but noone could help me with information about if something like this exists at all.

Anyway... so I decided to make this on my own. As the "fans" of this idea remember I posted this in this forum before the big crash and announced to start with this after the finish of the Descent 1-translation.

And it is the same as it is used to. As this Idea was born here it spreads like a disease in the www and someone other translated it afterwards.
OK, this job is done. But as this guy develops D2X in a very progressive way I am convinced that his translation will show a progressive style also.

But we need something that fits better to our needs. Something more "classic". And so I will translate D2X to german also without having any look to the other translation to save my style. And after this there will be two differing versions of this and everyone will be free to choose the one he likes more.

As you see in my topic "D1X-Rebirth in german language" that project is comming close to its end and you will be able to test if my style of translation meets your gusto.
If you like that translation it will be a pleasure for me to translate Descent 2 to german for you also Cool .
Sounds great Sniper. Smile
Can't wait to see your progress.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Because the D1-translation is close to be finished I take a 1st serious look to D2 and its ability to become translated to german and it looks good. I assume no problems in this early state of this project. We will see...

So I will create soon a "proof of concept" to see If my ideas work well.

And here is the actual state of the D2X "Briefing-scenes" project:

Proof of concept:---To Do
1st raw translation:To Do

Proof of concept:--------80%
1st raw translation:To Do

Proof of concept:DONE
Raw translation:-To do

Working on this I assume this project will go on a lot of faster than the D1X-R-translation-project. (But I am open for surprises :roll: )

Raw translation:-3%

I want to take some time to work on this every day so await to see a very continuous progress here.
Here is the actual state of the D2X "Briefing-scenes" project:

Raw translation:-6%

Raw translation:-9%

Raw translation:-12%

Raw translation:-15%