Zico's development blog
Might be a dump question, but is that version also betatested on x64?
Not yet.
Special x86_64 optimisations will come after this release.

But you can do if you want, just contact me and I give you want you need Wink
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Still Matt and me are on hard work for the next BETA for v0.50.

Currently we still do some hard work on the Joystick interfaces. We are already close to a reliable joystick interface but there is still some work to do.

stay tuned
zico
:mrgreen:
Well, the code for v0.50 is done, BETA 4 is out and now all I can do is waiting for the BETA reports.
Now that everything is set up I already think about what to do next. Also I need to fix up some things on the page and do some other coding stuff as well...
AND I NEED some new screenshots for the Media section... Sad
Heck, I would need some rest Tongue
Well guys...

v0.50 is out and I already have the first feedback. The joystick interface seems to work good right now. This was one of the most imprortant changes for me so I'm very glad to hear everything "SEEMS" to work good.

I personally would say now: "I take a rest after all this". But this version took 6 months and I do not intend to take that long again.
Also I promised to release a GP2X port (http://www.gp2x.de) and that will be the next aim while MD2211 is working on his famous sound code.
So no time to stop. Work needs to go on and since the GP2X port is nothing PC users could profit - I need to double my work to get more stuff in DXX itself finished soon.
I guess... 5 hours to sleep are okay? Wink
Quote:So no time to stop. Work needs to go on and since the GP2X port is nothing PC users could profit - I need to double my work to get more stuff in DXX itself finished soon.
Don't kill yourself for us  Tongue (unless you really want to  :evilSmile.
Quote:So no time to stop. Work needs to go on and since the GP2X port is nothing PC users could profit - I need to double my work to get more stuff in DXX itself finished soon.

Port DXX-R to the GP2X. This gives the PC-user (me e.g.) enough time not just  to bust for bugs but also to "just" enjoy your release 0.50.
And take care about yourself. Eating, drinking, sleeping and loving puts together body and soul. (And don´t forget to take a deep breathe)  Wink
ARM is a very complex thing.

As you all know I learn programming while working on the code and the ARM arch gave me some good lessons. Word Alignment, portability of code etc.

I've almost finished D1X-Rebirth now for the GP2X. Well, the game will never be that fast, but the inaccurate Descent engine and the realativly small screen of the GP2X already make 20FPS more than playable. Then players still have the option to overclcok the GP2X (which is really no problem on this arch) which makes the game pretty nice.

A big adventure was to map all the GP2X buttons so you can even control your pyro.
This is how it ended:

Code:
MOVEMENT

PITCH FORWARD           STICK UP
PITCH BACKWARD          STICK DOWN
TURN LEFT               STICK LEFT
TURN RIGHT              STICK RIGHT
ACCELERATE              Y
REVERSE                 X
SLIDE ON                B
BANK ON                 A
AFTERBURNER*            B + Y

WEAPONS

FIRE PRIMARY            R
FIRE SECONDARY          L
CYCLE PRIMARY           SELECT + R
CYCLE SECONDARY         SELECT + L
FIRE FLARE              A + R
DROP BOMB               A + B

MISC

AUTOMAP                 A + X
HEADLIGHT*              SELECT + STICK LEFT
ENERGY->SHIELD*         SELECT + STICK RIGHT
REAR/CYCLE VIEW*        SELECT + STICK DOWN
SAVE GAME               SELECT + START
MAIN MENU/PAUSE         START
VOL-/+                  IN-/DECREASE VOLUME

MENU

MAKE SELECTION          B
CANCEL/PREVIOUS MENU    START

* DESCENT][ ONLY

As a reference, here is the device so you can imagine the buttonmap:
[Image: gp2x_2.jpg]

If I finally managed to solve the last bugs in D1X-R I can finally proceed to D2X-R. I guess this won't take that much time anymore because I learned most stuff while getting D1X working and It's now mostly copy&paste of code.

I'm in a very good mood GP2X version and the next release of DXX for PC (linux/windows) could be ready at x-mas.

stay tuned
zico
VERY IMPRESSIVE at all. You are just doing good jobs in series! Smile