D1X high-res-pictures and wrong colour of text
Hi,

like mentioned in the "D2X-R in german"-topic I tested out some new ideas I get while being in hollyday. And one of this ideas works.
I found out how to get rid of the "wrong-coloured text" comming with the high-res-cutscenes for D1X-R.
I will do this after finishing the translation of D2X-R.
Possibly Zico will fix this also with the next Version of D1X-R. He changed so much that this could be.
If not you will get this fixed by me and you will get back the signalgreen texts while using the high-res-pictures. A nice side-effect will be the solving of some picture-errors like the black flames of the pyro in the high-res-outro or the black sun in the low-res-cutscenes of mercury (level 6 & 7).
And not to forget... it will work with the origin english D1X-R also.

Stay tuned Cool
Hi Sniper. Sounds pretty cool what you can do with the images.

Currently I cannot solve this color stuff in the code itself. It needs to be solved by a palette change of the image itself or something (is hard in the very first briefing image so i drpped it).
But the "black" areas in the low res pictures are solved now. So we don't need to change the images.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Quote:But the "black" areas in the low res pictures are solved now. So we don't need to change the images.
Thank you for this Info, so I do not need to spend time on this.

Quote:It needs to be solved by a palette change of the image itself or something
Yes, you are right. Mainly it depends on some missing properties of the colourtables of that pictures. The problem itself is simple but to fix it is tricky. I guess I found a method to deal with it but for every picture the way to correct the colourtable differs a little bit.
I'm very excited about this. I winder how you will deal with brief01h.pcx Wink
My try ended with a green shiva station Smile
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
LOL

Hey... its a kind of magic. Smile
Let me surprise you. Cool
Here we are. :-D

Process of rebuilding: 15%
Process of rebuilding: 26%
Process of rebuilding: 46%
Process of rebuilding: 59%
Process of rebuilding: 75%