Poll: This project ...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ROCKS!
87.97%
139 87.97%
is so cool, I would make a donation!
8.23%
13 8.23%
is okay.
3.16%
5 3.16%
is a waste of time!
0.63%
1 0.63%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think about DXX-Rebirth
Heh thanks for the reminder. FIXED. Big Grin

EDIT: As for the reticle - I have something for you:
The "Design your own Reticle"-competition
http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/smf/index.ph ... 05.msg5609
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Quote:...Pretty much the only thing I found to be a nuisance was the new reticle. It's just a bit out of proportion...

Are you using widescreen?
I am not using widescreen (my laptop is an older model) and it is slightly out of proportion, at least the way I see it.

Not that it's a big problem or anything... but Rebirth is so damn good - it's a pity to have such small flaws.
Gib mir Benzin!
Quote:...but Rebirth is so damn good - it's a pity to have such small flaws...

I know what you are talking about :-D.

Because Im satisfied with the new reticle I think maybe something is gone wrong at your side.
Are you able to provide a screenshot? Just to see if it is displayed "as intended" at your machine?

And did you tried to activate the old reticle in the ini-file? Maybe this works better for you.
Nothing has gone wrong actually - it's just the wrong size, that's all. The width has grown and the reticle starts to look stretched. At first it was somewhat annoying, though one can get used to it.

Otherwise, it is still accurate when shooting, even at very distant targets (sniping with the gauss cannon).

I didn't notice any reticle-related options in the ini - I used gl_fixedfont to solve my scaled text problem, and that was all.
Gib mir Benzin!
Aaaarghh... sorry. It has moved to the ingame-menu. Look here:
F2 -> Graphics Options.. -> Vectorial Reticle (uncheck)... voila!
O, I knew that, but I prefer the vectorial one. Looks smoother Smile

Anyway, I guess a real material defender shouldn't be picky about the details of his ship...
Gib mir Benzin!
I have for years been trying to find somehow somewhere to get Descent going again.
Hey all,

I started playing D1 then D2 and finally D3 way way back when they were first released. And all the packs and mods that went with it.
I particularly liked D1 and D2's "atmosphere" if that is the actual word to describe the ambiance
that you were immersed in while playing. D3 ..not so much but it was worth the price.

I dug out the D1 & 2 discs and set up DXX. Man the memories...

The only thing I could fault Interplay and Parallax for was the poor net code or rather the fact
that it was limited to ipx and of course Kali was the only ipx tunnel to use. But it did work after a fashion.

If DXX could find a way to bring a more modern bit of network availability to Descent (tcp/ip) in some form
I think that the series could really see a resurgence. Multiplayer is and was what really motivated me to
get the game(s) and what made them as big as they were (will be?).

I remember (still) having some great dm and ctf battles in D2 especially.

That said I do want to let you all know that if there is anything I can do to help with this I am more than willing
to join the movement and assist where I can.

IndiQa
Hello IndiQa and Weclome to DXX-Rebirth

I am happy you found the project and have fun with it. As for the online future: We already have UDP/IP (while still manual) and we have an IRC channel - so the possibilities are there already. Smile
But I think you might be very excited when you see what we are planning to realize in the future. Wink
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Quote:Hello IndiQa and Weclome to DXX-Rebirth

I am happy you found the project and have fun with it. As for the online future: We already have UDP/IP (while still manual) and we have an IRC channel - so the possibilities are there already. Smile
But I think you might be very excited when you see what we are planning to realize in the future. Wink

I get any more excited and I am going to have to go change my....errr well never mind..

See my email?

Indie