Poll: This project ...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ROCKS!
87.97%
139 87.97%
is so cool, I would make a donation!
8.23%
13 8.23%
is okay.
3.16%
5 3.16%
is a waste of time!
0.63%
1 0.63%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think about DXX-Rebirth
Thank you for your friendly statement Smile and welcome to our forum, Lord_Kane.
Quote:Thank you for your friendly statement Smile and welcome to our forum, Lord_Kane.

no problem, I saw that you guys had a forum, but it was down, randomly decided to click and viola! a forum!
but yeah, I like DXX-Rebirth, and once again no offense to Diedel and his group, I find DXX-Rebirth a nicer source port, like ZDoom, which keeps the classic feel of Doom but yet, upgrades it.

So as I said before, Keep it up! I and expect to see me around.
Hello Lord_Kane and welcome to DXX-Rebirth.

I am happy you have much fun with the port. Have a great time here. Smile
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
thx for 0.55 Zico! it's running great with The Enemy Within also Wink

Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3850 AGP 512MB 256Bit GDDR3 I used this time, I will test on the Voodoo5 5500 AGP PCI's soon.

[Image: DXX-R+TEW+0_55+on+RV670+Pro+AGP+a.jpg]

more info about The Enemy Within over here Smile
The Enemy Within
I checked out the photos of the 3d art for Descent on ur post BUBBALOU. Very impressive  :-D
DESCENT MAX!!!
Just dropped in from the Planet Descent forums to give you a huge thumbs up.  :-D

It's been a while since I played Descent 1 and 2 (college ate my life) so I bought it from Good Old Games (gog.com) recently. I use a Macbook 2.1 dual booting Mac OSX 10.4.11 Tiger and MS Windows Vista Ultimate SP1. Since I didn't really like using DOSBOX, I downloaded D2X-XL, since I used to use that back at version 1.5 or so.

Boy, was that a mistake.  :lol:

Not only did it eat RAM for lunch (as well as spike my CPU usage to almost 100% whenever a big explosion happened), it caused weird errors, random crashing, and somehow deleted my Recycle Bin from the desktop (no idea how). Not to mention I had hundreds of options to wade through, and even after settling on something decent I found the vapor trails, smoke trails, electricity fields, dynamic lighting, dynamic shadows, texture mapping, hi-res textures, high-polygon models, and the many many features to be just too much. Really, less is more; and Rebirth does what I want it to, no more, no less.

Thanks a ton... Just don't get too feature happy  Tongue
My ReverbNation Profile: Featuring My Descent Music Project: http://www.reverbnation.com/cliftonj
Quote:(college ate my life)

Ate mine too...

Before I found out about Rebirth (from Wikipedia, can you imagine), I used D1X 1.43 - it was ok, but had a number of frustrating bugs and other weird problems. I also tried D2X, but it was hopeless...

Then, I discovered Rebirth (version 0.52), which truly impressed me. Not only did it work better, but it also did a better job at preserving that classic spirit of the game. Finally - a source port that actually works! Smile
Gib mir Benzin!
It's really fascionating to read all those positive comments. Guys, you REALLY motivate me to contine. Smile

I want to use this to welcome Fusion and D2Junkie to welcome you to the DXX-Rebith family. I wish you the most extreme fun here and while playing. Smile

On the other hand I admit - despite what you all say - DXX-Rebirth ALSO has it's number of bugs. It's a shame for me but I want to ask you all for patience. To go so deep in such an old engine is sometimes pretty stressy and looking to the consequences a small code update can bring it's really hard to test my changes to the fullest. I hope you understand.
As I was on vacation I now have noted down ALL your thoughts and reports about the 0.55 release and will try to improve what I can.

That shows one thing that is the most important: YOU - the USERS - you make DXX-Rebirth. Without your feedback and constructive critics the game would not have the quality it has today.
As a gift I want to use 2009 to bring you a much better Descent than you had before.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Oh yeah, there will always be bugs, and I'll most certainly let you know if I find any, Zico. Right now it's running flawlessly on Vista Ultimate SP1 on a Core 2 Duo without any compatibility mode helping out, so I'm pretty darn satisfied as it is.

Pretty much the only thing I found to be a nuisance was the new reticle. It's just a bit out of proportion. If it's cool with you I could try to design a slightly better one (but hey, it's your project, so feel free to slap me and say "Dag, yo!" if need be).  :-D
My ReverbNation Profile: Featuring My Descent Music Project: http://www.reverbnation.com/cliftonj
True, the reticle looks slightly weird. It is still accurate though, especially with the Gauss gun Smile

By the way - on the front page of the website, under the news about the latest release of Rebirth and Cubes Unlimited... it still says "current version: 0.54" - someone should fix that.
Gib mir Benzin!