Poll: This project ...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ROCKS!
87.97%
139 87.97%
is so cool, I would make a donation!
8.23%
13 8.23%
is okay.
3.16%
5 3.16%
is a waste of time!
0.63%
1 0.63%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think about DXX-Rebirth
I just want to say thanks for all your hard work on this Descent Rebirth.  I loved Descent growing up, loved Descent 3 and after that faded out so did my gaming.  Now that I see Descent Reborn on Linux, I am super excited.  Thank you again!
I loved Descent back in the 90s.  It was probably the last great game that sucked up a lot of my time before I got married.  I was recently cleaning out a box of old "junk" and found my copy of the "Descent I and II: The Definitive Collection".  I was pretty sure it wouldn't work on my 64-bit Windows 7 machine, and wasn't surprised when it didn't.  A quick Google search turned up DXX Rebirth - I couldn't be happier.

I'm playing with the USB Xbox 360 controller, and find it amazing how well it works.  I love turning on the modern graphics effects.  I feel like it still retains the feel of the original, but makes it even more immersive.

I find myself wanting to do nothing but play Descent these days, but alas, I have to pull myself away and face the real world much more than I'd like to.  Thank you for bringing this amazing game back to modern computers.  I find it more enjoyable, and easier to fit into my schedule than most of the new games out there.
This project ROCKS! I would donate when I have money.
It's been a couple of years since I first stumbled across this and relived my childhood memories with on of my favourite games. I'm back and over the course of the past few weeks have dived head first into the world of competitive Descent multiplayer. This game is one of the most fun games I've ever played, and I am incredibly happy that it is both the game from my past I think of so dearly and such an incredibly deep and rewarding multiplayer experience. None of this would be possible without the work of Zico and others. Thank you so much for all your work Zico.
This project is really great! Descent is my first first-person-scifi shooter-in-a-plane. This game was REALLY A GEM even until now. And guess what? I was immersed deep in a stunned, fascinating and awed by the game.

My PC was Pentium I 133 Mhz with 16MB of RAM and WIndows 95, and guess what? It was running smoothly at 50-60 fps! In pure-DOS mode! That was the time I played Descent 2 i experienced a thrilling spaceshuttle ship in never-before-seen game genre at that time. Truly a masterpiece. Now it's sold only at $9.99 in GOG. To all gamers, buy this up! It's never be wrong.
Ahhh Descent... How I have memories of you.

This was my second favorite game besides DOOM, but it's still never gets boring flying around those mine shafts.

I was thrilled when I heard that I can have my Windows 10 and Descent too! I purchased both d1 and d2 just to use this.

Thanks!
You made me buy a joystick. You made me remember the word trichording.

Well done sir. Well done.

Get me your mailing address and I'll get you a postcard.
(10-25-2016, 02:58 PM)cisco link Wrote: You made me buy a joystick. You made me remember the word trichording.

Well done sir. Well done.

Get me your mailing address and I'll get you a postcard.

Thank you so much. I'm happy you like it. I think I am terribly far behind with addresses for postcards but rest assured, I'm just happy that you like Rebirth. Smile
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
amazing!!! I wish I would have looked here first! I actually installed virtualbox and dos and then made copies of my discs just to play this game after getting laid off from work. guess i needed something to do. I never knew people still love descent and did all this... I'm a linux guy and and have it running great here. loving it. I dont even use my virtualbox now for this game. awesome work!!!
I started playing D1 when it came out. I played the Demo version with friends and it was sooo much fun shooting at each other Tongue . We still do LAN parties from time to time and have a lot of fun!

Today I've openend the first multiplayer coop game and it was great to see my 2 boys (5 and 7) join the game  ;D . As me, they love the game and I'm sure (and hope) one day they will beat me in deathmatch  Smile .

Many thanks to the developers who invested so much time into this project and for keeping the game alive!

PS: I've also tested the 'other' project but yours didn't crash one time since I've played it. Multiplayer is realy stable. Your focus on bugfixing is the correct approach Smile