Poll: This project ...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ROCKS!
88.05%
140 88.05%
is so cool, I would make a donation!
8.18%
13 8.18%
is okay.
3.14%
5 3.14%
is a waste of time!
0.63%
1 0.63%
Total 159 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think about DXX-Rebirth
DXX-Rebirth is awesome.  Thanks Zico!

It's funny, I have newer games but I consistently come back to Descent because it is so darn fun to play. And I can never run out of new missions.
Also, it works in Stereo 3D with GLDirect (OpenGL->Direct3D wrapper). That is a must for me.

It is the best trip to the 90'es available. period. I am blown away beyond words. bigup man!
For many years I have been trying to find a Descent like game or something to allow me to play this game again. Descent 1 was the game for me. I already loved video games and D1 took it to a new level in regards to game play.  D1 is 70% the reason I am a game dev today. I thank the people at DXX-Rebirth for rebirthing this game. Your labour does not go unappreciated. I think this is great thing, and you people are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
OMG this is fantastic! I am someone that must have logged 1000+ hours playing D2 back in the Voodoo2 graphic card days.

On a whim I did a search to see if anyone got this running on a modern OS, and yeah you guys have done an outstanding job! I jumped in did a little configuring, and that old D2 feel is there. I never liked the feel and game play D3 and at that point I moved on to other things.

Now I'm back, I love this game!
I Know that I am five years late, but I just made some research on google to see if I could find a good emulator for Descent; so there it is: I must say that you and your software rocks Zico.  I am so happy to be able to play my favorite game again with my modern os/hardware.

Few years back, I played with D2X-XL (I wish I had found your software instead...), and I must say that DXX-Rebirth is so much stable and gives the player a much more original game feeling of Descent 1.

Thanks a lot!
Late to the party... and boy what a party.

This rebirth project is the bees knees fellas.

You guys rawk.

Surely worth paying for, i'd seriously pay 10 bucks for this.. EASY!
WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

I am stunned! This is amazing work!

Like so many others, this game (particularly Descent 2 for me) was a major part of my life. I've found no other game since then that even came close to the experience of D2; the 6DOF, the music, etc. (D3 even lost the 'feel' for me) And when trying to play D2 later found that it played 'too fast' on newer PCs. So I've kept my old super socket 7 machine w/Voodoo3 just to play D2! But with Rebirth playing it on new machines... AWESOME! And my 9yo son loves it too!

Thanks guys!
So, due to a recent sale of Retrovirus, I bought it, and that game rekindled my memories of Descent, which I was a huge fan of back in the day.

In the original game, I always had difficulty getting the controls just right. Several years ago, I replayed the game with either this, or a similar project, and used the mouse. That was much better, but still kind of hard to handle.

Now, I'm playing it with a 360 controller, and it feels simply incredible. I'm normally a mouse guy for FPS games, but Descent is so perfectly suited for the gamepad that I've fallen in love with the game all over again. Thanks guys!
Just played D2X on my HD projector on an 120" screen... Awesome!

Anyone else also tries to duck when a missile is coming right at you :-D

Next step would be stereoscopic view. In the early days I've build som glasses from the prisms of a binocular to play stereoscopic woth the side-to-side view.
I read that it is possible, but I still do not understand all the requirements.
(10-03-2013, 09:40 AM)hdeboo link Wrote: Just played D2X on my HD projector on an 120" screen... Awesome!

Anyone else also tries to duck when a missile is coming right at you :-D

Next step would be stereoscopic view. In the early days I've build som glasses from the prisms of a binocular to play stereoscopic woth the side-to-side view.
I read that it is possible, but I still do not understand all the requirements.

D2X-XL actually supports this for some of the more common headsets out there. I also vaguely remember it being supported at one point in time in DXX.