Poll: This project ...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ROCKS!
87.90%
138 87.90%
is so cool, I would make a donation!
8.28%
13 8.28%
is okay.
3.18%
5 3.18%
is a waste of time!
0.64%
1 0.64%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think about DXX-Rebirth
We had this in the old Forum but I wanna know again.

Go on, tell me the truth. Feedback is welcome.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Oh total rocks.  :lol:

Last night I play D1 DXX with new missions maps. Still enjoy very much  Smile

It great and able to run beautifully in new modern fast PC.

I dont play deathmatch. I enjoy play singleplayer and coop.

Good work Zico

Descent and DOOM are my all time favourite.
Hehe - Sounds a lot like me.

If you really like Doom1/2, Heretic, Hexen, make sure you check out VAVOOM (http://www.vavoom-engine.com/). It's the DXX-Rebirth for ID-Engine. Smile
Quote:Oh total rocks.  :lol:

Last night I play D1 DXX with new missions maps. Still enjoy very much  Smile

It great and able to run beautifully in new modern fast PC.

I dont play deathmatch. I enjoy play singleplayer and coop.

Good work Zico...

There is nothing more to say. Redboy hit it.
I think it's a great effort to keep Descent alive.  Smile I used to play Descent with D1x 1.43 in Windows 98, because it was the best port for it. It gave me the best music and the best game feeling. Unfortunately, it had some serious bugs. For example, I needed to use Microsoft Game Controller software in order to use all 9 buttons of my Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick. But this software did not work in Windows XP, so I was depending on Windows 98. Furthermore, the music stopped playing in some levels after a while. In order to reanimate it, you had to reload your saved game level. But this, however, gave the music a special note and was quite funny. :-D

I'm currently playing Descent for the first time in Windows XP with D1x-Rebirth. I'm testing my new soundfont with it. So far everything seems to be all right. I prefer D1x-Rebirth over D2x-XL for the following reasons:
  • D2X-XL uses the artificial intelligence of Descent 2 for the robots. I don't like this, because it destroys the original game feeling of Descent 1
  • D2X-XL has a much longer loading time, especially if you use the additional textures
  • D2X-XL hasn't got the cool intro music of Descent 1[/list:u]

So, keep up the good work. And what about a version 1.0 for D1x-Rebirth? 0.x looks still very beta (although it is not) and prevents many potential players to use it.
Well ... if we say it this way, the game is even still ALPHA since it's still missing features.

Also.. I want to have 1.0 when I'm done (features, known bugs) - all that comes after - just maintaining.
If you think this way, then D1x 1.43 was pre-alpha. However, it had a "1" before the point. Wink
Yeah well ... in fact I don't continue D1X as it was intended.

I personally don't see D1X as 1.0 or above.
1.0 for me means:
* all features included
* no known bugs (yeah, there are ALWYAYS bugs so I speak about the most *known* ones)
* no memleaks/-corruptions

D1X had none of these points. Also I set myself some new goals.
Some of them I realized, some I haven't yet.

Not to mention that it's easier to make one version number for two games that had a completly different version system before.

In the end, version numbers should indicate where the project is in development and keep order. But it's also a very personal thing. I feel half way done.. so we are at ~0.5.

(This doesn't mean, that it won't continue after 1.0, There are always bugs, new demands, code to clean etc etc.)
Quote:Hehe - Sounds a lot like me.

If you really like Doom1/2, Heretic, Hexen, make sure you check out VAVOOM (http://www.vavoom-engine.com/). It's the DXX-Rebirth for ID-Engine. Smile

I still have Heretic and HeXen. It can run under zdoom  Smile
Quote:Go on, tell me the truth. Feedback is welcome.

The truth.  Hmmm...

Hail Zico and DXXR!  Hail The Great Ones!  Hail!

It's close enough to the truth Tongue

DXXR is the best and most stable classic Descent experience you can get.  I love it.  It's fantastic.
I thank you, and the other D1X/D1XR coders, again!

I encourage others to make a donation, too.  Help make DXXR even better!!
zif: Why haven't they fixed that yet :S
Ralathar: Bug report it :p
zif: I'll bug report you