redrawn001
LOL
:lol:

I was thinking exactly this yesterday.
I was putting together a dos computer for a friend and loaded
the shareware version of d2 on it....i'd forgotten how pixellated 
everything was.

I'm sure i've been spoiled by opengl smoothing.
(not that that's a bad thing)
--

Be Alert, The World Needs More Lerts
eeeewww ugly for sure lol

even I play Quake on 320 x 240 in 1996
Quote:I'm sure i've been spoiled by opengl smoothing.
(not that that's a bad thing)

:-D
I'm not the man who think Descent 1 & 2 needed to be upgraded up to todays graphics but I like our opengl.
Playing D2 at 640x400 just with its softwarerenderer is aceptable but playing D1at 320x200 is to hard.
:-D

Hey Whitetiger... a DOS-PC for a friend of you or for your enemy Wink? I'm also try to handle PCs as simple as possible but that simple?
No better Hardware available or DOS as the need for special software?
@whitetiger

I'm glad you like it. Smile

BTW. I now created a small forum for the comic discussion. Moved this thread there.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Quote:Hey Whitetiger... a DOS-PC for a friend of you or for your enemy Wink? I'm also try to handle PCs as simple as possible but that simple?
No better Hardware available or DOS as the need for special software?

It's for a friend, and the only system i could get my hands on at the moment was an old
notebook. (it's an ibm 380d).
The integrated video card isn't very good, but it does have a nice intel 150mhz mmx cpu
and 32mb of ram (hooray!)

I've been playing a bit of descent 1 on it...purely for testing purposes of course  Smile
--

Be Alert, The World Needs More Lerts
Smile Ahhh, OK, this is reason enough. I guess Win95 or Win98 are the highest OS to run on it. And if there are no graca-drivers for it by the hand I think DOS is no bad solution.
Back then we were really happy about the way the games then. I miss dos sometimes
I miss the time when (almost) all games would run smoothly on a 386... I remember my old 40 MHz machine - mostly played Doom (on low detail Smile ) on it, and Wolfenstein 3D too!

I remember, once we upgraded our RAM to the amazing 8 MB, only because of Rise of the Triad - I played that a lot as well (and still do today, thanks to a source port).
Gib mir Benzin!
When I first played Descent  1 in dos then it was they coolest thing I ever saw