Pending projects
Quick update on current projects:

- I hoped to get some guidebot changes in this week.
- Instead, I spent time chasing down an issue caused by a system library upgrade (new PhysFS behaves a bit differently in a corner case that matters to me), and more time on a report that seems to be an issue with how the user installed the program, rather than a bug in the program itself.
- Hopefully this weekend, the guidebot changes will go in. If they work, they will allow guidebot in cooperative games. This was requested quite a while back, but was rejected at the time because the proposed implementation appeared very likely to desynchronize.
Is this related to the save game issue we were having in Coop on the latest build? (I am assuming someone reported it).
No. There are no known savegame issues for which I can do any investigation. There is an open ticket Descent 1 Coop Loading Saved game bug Blue Boxes unable to shoot awaiting additional information.

The associated screenshot might have had useful information in it, if it had been saved by the game as a PNG and posted without alteration. It was cropped, watermarked, and converted to JPG, so any metadata in it was lost.
That screenshot is unrelated, but I thought someone reported the save game issue already. If i remember correctly whoever rejoined a saved game would be frozen and unable to move.
the bug he is experiencing is just a ram overflow. like if a map has too many special walls that happens. It flips all the cheats on, and pushes things into the wrong index showing faulty face values and incorrect graphics. I am not sure how a saved game triggered that, but I have a map that consistently makes this happen if you want me to upload it here.
Yes, please report any maps that trigger bad results. Attach them here, or on a Github issue, or link to them if they're already published on DMDB, whichever you find most convenient.

I remember a savegame report like that from way back, but that was fixed more than a year ago. Perhaps there is another issue with similar symptoms. By "rejoined a saved game", do you mean that the flow is:
  • Host chooses load game.
  • Host and guests all load the game.
  • New guest joins the game. New guest is broken.

If that's all it takes, I can set that up easily here.

The savegame and map loaders are both full of bad practice trusting various inputs, but I'd like to fix that wherever practical.
well here is a map I know just does not work in rebirth because of artificial limitations, sadly I can't give you a reproduction of the coop issues though.

I hope this map file helps in any way it can.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k488depthrhvqdl/iss22.7z?dl=0

EDIT: nvm, as of build ~D77b76, this map works.