Zico's development blog 2
First, I want to let you know that I am *very* satisfied with your project, and every subsequent release builds on the previous. I'm playing D1 on Vista with a digital Saitek joystick without a hitch.

Second, I want to let you know that I would hand you a blank check if I could afford it. Smile When I build up my bank account a bit more, I'm donating to your work whatever I can.

Third, I want to let you know that I'm thoroughly stoked about a new version of Rebirth.  :-D
My ReverbNation Profile: Featuring My Descent Music Project: http://www.reverbnation.com/cliftonj
Just taken from another thread, but I have to say that , so literally everyone will read it:

I ALSO WANT TO THANK ALL DONATORS SO FAR!

You guys gave me a big boost of motivation over the last time.
The DXX-Rebirth community is THE BEST! Smile
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Keep up the great work. You pour a great deal of time and energy into it.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money...are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson
Thanks Zico Multiplayer is a hard thing to work with. Trust me I know
Might I make a suggestion - if multiplayer is such a big mess and needs more time to work on, why not release an "in between" version (0.55.2 perhaps) with any fixes you've got for SP and for the bugs currently discussed on the forum.

Then, you can still keep fixing the MP mess (for a future 0.56 release) and we, your humble disciples, will have a slightly newer version to blast some evil robots Wink
Gib mir Benzin!
Yes, that would certainly be the best way to do it. Only problem: With only Kreator and me coding here, we just have not even started most of the discussed stuff, yet. We need more men and time.
If I were a coder, I would have gladly jumped in to help you. But my exceptionally poor math skills prevented me from taking this path...
Gib mir Benzin!
Well technically this is all possible, but in another part:
Most problems currently persistent actually have to do with Multiplayer. If I fix them now, it worthless basically as they the rewrite takes care of that automatically. Considering this original code is such a mess I am glad it even runs as it does... even tho... I do not even care too much about this feature... I do not need it and as I have so much work on it, I wish PARALLAX would not have decded to add it within the last week of development at all (and it is how it LOOKS).

I cannot do much more than just to ask everyone to be patient. I cannot do what I cannot (or want) do.
hey zico. im happy with the version I have (.55.1). Yeah it has some bugs, but at least its playable  Smile
me and my friends say thank you for your project.
DESCENT MAX!!!
Keep up the good work, Zico. Over recent years, you have provided more stability and useful features to maintain a nostalgic Descent. Since I started participating (about v0.48 or something), ever subsequent release has been more stable, more reliable, and improved in minute to significant ways. This is a wonderful project, and you have as much support as I have time and effort for; once again, keep up the great work.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money...are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson