Hardcoded damage cap on homers in D2?
I've noticed that if you mess around in the HAM and give a robot the player homing missile as its weapon, it'll only do 30 shield damage to you upon direct hit. In Descent 1, the super hulks' homing missiles did 43 on direct hit. Strangely enough, the homing missile has for all other intents and purposes remained the same - if you fire it at a wall point blank, in both games it'll do 31-33 shield damage to you, and in both games it will take around 5-6 of those to dispose of a red hulk (in fact it's usually 1 missile less in D2, go figure). So is there some sort of hard-coded filter that caps the damage one can take from a homing missile to 30? I saw no such value in descent2.ham anywhere, so I have no idea what it could be. Tested both in Rebirth and DOSBox vanilla.
I'm Xfing from Descent BB.net.

D1,5 in progress. Drop by here to find out more.
I believe (though I may be wrong) that damage from bots is dependant on difficulty. Did you test with the same difficulty settings?
Of course, I did the testing on Insane. Data in descent2.HAM lists robot homer power on insane as 30 - they do 26 damage to the player instead. Player homers on the other hand have the same strength regardless of difficulty, listed as 40 in the data - though when used by robots, it's only 30 (on Insane).
I'm Xfing from Descent BB.net.

D1,5 in progress. Drop by here to find out more.