Where are you from?
@PyroJockey
okay, in the 60s i did not visit ulm since i was not born ... Smile but after world war 2, there were many US Soldiers in Neu-Ulm, is this maybe the reason, your parents are from Neu Ulm? Wink
The logo on wikipedia is a svg (scalable vector graphics) - which mean you can render it with any resolution you want Wink
for example Gimp (GNU image manipulation program) is able to load svg and render it to any resolution.
v66r,

Thanks for the tip on the wikipedia.

Quote:there were many US Soldiers in Neu-Ulm, is this maybe the reason, your parents are from Neu Ulm? Wink

No, not really. My father was from Bochum and served in the Kerigmarine on the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen and my mother served as a nurse in Poland. They didn't know each other in Germany and first met in the US in the 1950's. Most of my family is in Germany but I know less than five of them.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.
Guys? ......

POSTCARDS!!!!!111oneoneeleven
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Quote:POSTCARDS!!!!!111oneoneeleven

LOL!

I'll get you a postcard soon as I can, Zico.
"I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money...are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies." --Thomas Jefferson
Awww, damn, I totally forgot about the postcards (guilty). I will try to remember how the regular mail worked... woah, wait a second, THEY USE PAPER?!?!?!?!

Heh :-D
Gib mir Benzin!
Uhm, does this method of communication through postcards still work ? Wouldn`t ladies at a post office look at me as a weird guy from 20th century ?

I mean, I know that those used to work in a distant past. I remember sending few 20 yrs ago.

But that was 20 yrs ago.

Wait, you would have to know the physical address and a name, right ? !!! That would be a direct violation of act No.137x8 without a prior written consent. No way, I`d risk that !
Of course it works - I have received postcards from other countries before, and I felt really happy about it.

Yes, it is somewhat more special when you receive something you can actually touch... it has some sort of magic to it! Don't worry about the post office ladies, they will be happy to see someone who still cares about real greeting cards.

Hah, "violation of act No.137x8" - that an insignificant thing, don't worry about it.
Gib mir Benzin!
WTF is "violation of act No.137x8"?

Quote:Uhm, does this method of communication through postcards still work ?

Wait... what? Yeah it's actually the main-topic here. Wink
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!
Hey, I thougt most of us are oldschool...
so no excuses, send postcards! :-D
Quote:By the way, there was an earthquake in town last night. Don't worry, I survived.

Ironically, I was playing Jedi Academy at that very moment, and my first thought was "I must have used too much Force" :-D

Hmm maybe someone was flying their Pyro-GX in an old PTMC mine fireing off a few Earth Shaker missiles and hereby blowing up the main reactor ...  :-D Maybe this is what you felt rofl Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin