[D2 v1.2 DOS] Flash Missile white out
Actually I am half-way done with the fix already. Wink

Right now the flashes - no matter if collecting a powerup or flash missile will blind you equally on all brightness settings. Now that code which sets things back to normal worries me a bit. This would need to be scaled as well so the screen goes back to normal in the same time - no matter the brightness setting.

But that code partially runs with a random factor and the values and even with a flash missile the current difference between full and lowest brightness are ~0.5 seconds. Scaling this makes this only worse. I gotta check how I can revamp this code so I can scale it better. On the other hand due to that random factor, that scaling is probably totally worthless since it alone often makes a bigger time difference than 0.5 secs alone. So no matter if scaled or not, screen goes back to normal in around 3,5 secs - give or take 0.25. I will tackle this again when not being tired.

@Avder:
I didn't so much about a slight difference in the homer code but rather dealing FPS damage to bots and reactors.
The greatest pleasure in life is to do what people say you cannot do.
Uhm... Honey, there's a head in the toilet!

Messages In This Thread
Re: [D2XR v0.58.1] Flash Missile white out - by zico - 08-13-2013, 11:43 PM