DXX-Rebirth Forum
[D2X 0.58.1] Bright Player Ships brightens all poly objects. - Printable Version

+- DXX-Rebirth Forum (https://forum.dxx-rebirth.com)
+-- Forum: DXX-Rebirth (https://forum.dxx-rebirth.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Bugs (https://forum.dxx-rebirth.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: [D2X 0.58.1] Bright Player Ships brightens all poly objects. (/showthread.php?tid=613)

[D2X 0.58.1] Bright Player Ships brightens all poly objects. - jihnsius - 12-20-2013

Exactly what the topic says.

object.c: line 397
Code:
void draw_polygon_object(object *obj)
{
    g3s_lrgb light;
    int    imsave;
    fix engine_glow_value[2];        //element 0 is for engine glow, 1 for headlight

light = compute_object_light(obj,NULL);

//    If option set for bright players in netgame, brighten them!
#ifdef NETWORK
    if (Game_mode & GM_MULTI)
        if (Netgame.BrightPlayers)
            light.r = light.g = light.b = F1_0*2;
#endif

And there's nothing past this to specify it only to the player ships; the variable light is applied to all objects passed into the function. In fact, more light is applied on top of this to other objects.

Re: [D2X 0.58.1] Bright Player Ships brightens all poly objects. - zico - 12-20-2013

You know this is the same condition in the original game, right? I'm just asking cause I would like to prevent getting accused changing original behaviours again. I mean this can easily be restricted to OBJ_PLAYER but... well...

EDIT:
I'm just kidding but I just wanna say: This IS the same in the original game. It's obviously WRONG since the option is called BrightPlayers. I did another modification to it as well in the past regarding the word "bright". The original option only sets light to F1_0 which is the glow in a normally lit segment. So if in a level with a well lit segment, the option would rather darken the players/objects, which is why I set it to F1_0*2 long time ago.

Re: [D2X 0.58.1] Bright Player Ships brightens all poly objects. - jihnsius - 12-20-2013

(12-20-2013, 08:15 AM)zico link Wrote:You know this is the same condition in the original game, right? I'm just asking cause I would like to prevent getting accused changing original behaviours again. I mean this can easily be restricted to OBJ_PLAYER but... well...

EDIT:
I'm just kidding but I just wanna say: This IS the same in the original game. It's obviously WRONG since the option is called BrightPlayers. I did another modification to it as well in the past regarding the word "bright". The original option only sets light to F1_0 which is the glow in a normally lit segment. So if in a level with a well lit segment, the option would rather darken the players/objects, which is why I set it to F1_0*2 long time ago.

I'm not accusing anything, just pointing it out.

Re: [D2X 0.58.1] Bright Player Ships brightens all poly objects. - zico - 12-22-2013

Like I said - I am kidding. At least half-way. I am thankful you reported this bug since even tho I worked on this line before, I never actually realized it affects ALL objects. But still I felt the need to say: This is the original behaviour, too. So like the Fusion bug for example, this fix - while making sense in context - strays away from the original game.