DXX-Rebirth Forum
[D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - Printable Version

+- DXX-Rebirth Forum (https://forum.dxx-rebirth.com)
+-- Forum: DXX-Rebirth (https://forum.dxx-rebirth.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Bugs (https://forum.dxx-rebirth.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed (/showthread.php?tid=434)

Pages: 1 2 3

[D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - Yarn - 06-09-2012

The bug described in this thread still isn't fixed, at least not for me, even though it is marked as fixed.

Whenever a CD track finishes, whether in a level or the main menu, music stops completely until I load or restart a level, exit to the main menu, or change tracks with alt+shift+F11/F12. The only exception to this is in Descent 2 levels: the game plays through to the end of the last track and stops there without looping back.

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - zico - 07-15-2012

Tried this on several machines. Cannot reproduce. Anyone else having this issue and can give more info?

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - Yarn - 07-15-2012

I just tried it in 32-bit Windows XP and CD music seemed to work properly there. So it's definitely fixed for some computers.

My normal machine runs 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. Have you tested the music in that version of Windows yet?

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - zico - 07-16-2012

In fact I tested with:
* Linux
* Windows XP 32Bit (SP3)
* Windows 7 Starter 32 Bit (via Virtual Drive as my eeePC does not have a CD drive)
* Windows 7 Home 64Bit

Addendum:
So I am still left with some possibilities:
* It's a Rebirth bug (unlikely but then I can do something about it)
* It's a SDL bug (then I can only wait for a new SDL version)
* It's an issue with your particular machine (which I have no idea how it can happen as you cannot really mess up much with CD Audio support... MSCDEX-days are long over Wink)

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - Alter-Fox - 07-16-2012

I doubt it's a computer issue because I'm still having it too, and the laptop I use for these games I've never modified at all.

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - zico - 07-16-2012

Can you give info which OS you use. Specifically which version, architecture and so forth.

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - Alter-Fox - 07-16-2012

I know I'm on windows vista 32-bit (assuming that's the architecture?).  Apart from that I never really bothered to pay attention.
/fox feels like an idiot.

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - Yarn - 07-22-2012

I just tested this with a laptop running the same version of Windows that my computer runs (64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium SP1). Same problem.

What versions of Descent 2 are you guys playing from? I'm using the one from the Definitive Collection (the one with 8 audio tracks).

@Zico: How exactly are you testing this? Are you testing in the menus or the levels?

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - zico - 07-22-2012

I am using the CDs from the Europe release of Descent 2 and also the Descent 2 CD from the Definitive Collection. Checking menu->credits track transition as well as level tracks. Initial tests done with a special Audio CD with 11 tracks with a runtime of 3 seconds per track (to speed up testing). All tests ran fine.

Re: [D*XR 0.57.3, Windows 7] CD audio bug still isn't fixed - ThugsRook - 03-22-2013

damnit! i have this bug Sad

D1X-R
WinXP32 SP3
D1 MACplay CD

force MAC CD order (or not)
1 track per level

only plays track once and wont loop Sad