DXX-Rebirth Forum

Full Version: [D2X 0.58.1] Bright Player Ships brightens all poly objects.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Exactly what the topic says.

object.c: line 397
Code:
void draw_polygon_object(object *obj)
{
    g3s_lrgb light;
    int    imsave;
    fix engine_glow_value[2];        //element 0 is for engine glow, 1 for headlight

light = compute_object_light(obj,NULL);

//    If option set for bright players in netgame, brighten them!
#ifdef NETWORK
    if (Game_mode & GM_MULTI)
        if (Netgame.BrightPlayers)
            light.r = light.g = light.b = F1_0*2;
#endif

And there's nothing past this to specify it only to the player ships; the variable light is applied to all objects passed into the function. In fact, more light is applied on top of this to other objects.
You know this is the same condition in the original game, right? I'm just asking cause I would like to prevent getting accused changing original behaviours again. I mean this can easily be restricted to OBJ_PLAYER but... well...

EDIT:
I'm just kidding but I just wanna say: This IS the same in the original game. It's obviously WRONG since the option is called BrightPlayers. I did another modification to it as well in the past regarding the word "bright". The original option only sets light to F1_0 which is the glow in a normally lit segment. So if in a level with a well lit segment, the option would rather darken the players/objects, which is why I set it to F1_0*2 long time ago.
(12-20-2013, 08:15 AM)zico link Wrote:You know this is the same condition in the original game, right? I'm just asking cause I would like to prevent getting accused changing original behaviours again. I mean this can easily be restricted to OBJ_PLAYER but... well...

EDIT:
I'm just kidding but I just wanna say: This IS the same in the original game. It's obviously WRONG since the option is called BrightPlayers. I did another modification to it as well in the past regarding the word "bright". The original option only sets light to F1_0 which is the glow in a normally lit segment. So if in a level with a well lit segment, the option would rather darken the players/objects, which is why I set it to F1_0*2 long time ago.

I'm not accusing anything, just pointing it out.
Like I said - I am kidding. At least half-way. I am thankful you reported this bug since even tho I worked on this line before, I never actually realized it affects ALL objects. But still I felt the need to say: This is the original behaviour, too. So like the Fusion bug for example, this fix - while making sense in context - strays away from the original game.